Date: September 23-24, 2022
POST Control #: 1185-21920-22001
POST Plan: N/A
This course will provide students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to instruct their department members in the deployment of diversionary devices. This course contains legislative update information regarding Penal Code section 835a, AB 48, and AB 481.
The course instructors have extensive experience in the training and deployment of diversionary devices in the tactical environment. Each instructor has a minimum of ten years of tactical experience, in addition to years of instructional experience. The instructor cadre was selected from throughout the State, providing students with the advantage of regional perspectives as it applies to team size, capabilities, and community concerns regarding the use of diversionary devices.
- Bring a laptop, tablet or other device to develop a presentation in addition to a flash drive.
- Successfully run drills under the supervision of an instructor.
- Conduct a 10 to 15-minute presentation on an assigned diversionary device topic.
- Pass a 25 questions final exam with a minimum score of 80%.
- Bring five (5) agency-issued diversionary devices.
- Bring deployable tactical gear including vest, helmet, hearing protection, clear eyes, BDU style uniform, and fire-retardant gloves.
Any questions, please contact:
CATO Training Waiting List×