Date: December 12-13, 2022
POST Control #: 1185-30985-22002
POST Plan: IV
Location: San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department
This course will provide students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to instruct their department members in the use of less lethal weapons in patrol, custody, tactical, and crowd control environments. This course provides legislative update information with regarding use of force and the deployment of less lethal munitions in a crowd control environment (AB 48).
The course instructors have extensive experience in the training and deployment of less lethal weapons. Each instructor has a minimum of ten years of tactical experience, in addition to years of instructional experience. The instructor cadre was selected from throughout the State, providing students with the advantage of regional perspectives as it applies to team size, capabilities, and community concerns regarding the use of less lethal munitions.
- Bring an agency less lethal launching platform and a minimum of five (5) training munitions.
- A laptop, tablet, or other device to prepare a presentation in addition to a flash drive.
- Pass a CATO less lethal qualification course.
- Successfully run less lethal qualifications under the supervision of an instructor.
- Conduct a 10 to 15-minute team presentation on an assigned less lethal topic.
- Pass a 25 questions final exam with a minimum score of 80%.
- Bring hearing protection, clear eyes, BDU style uniform, and launcher cleaning supplies.
Any questions, please contact:
CATO Training Waiting List×